If there's one skill you gain throughout a six year relationship, it's a knack for thinking of present ideas for your fella. But that certainly isn't without having done my fair share of googling when I've been stuck in a rut, or turning to blog posts (much like this one) for inspiration. So with six birthdays and Christmases buying gifts for my boyfriend behind me, here is a quick list of present ideas for anyone who is wondering "what the hell do I get my boyfriend/brother/dad* for Christmas?" (*delete as appropriate).
1. Cologne Tom Ford Noir Extreme is definitely a treat for him, but I can guarantee you will also very much enjoy having a boyfriend who smells this good!
2. Watch Elliot was 30 minutes late for our first date, and 6 years on I won't let him forget it! I bought him a watch from Erroyl, a watch brand from Australia that does beautifully old fashioned watches, for his birthday this year, and it's a perfect (higher price bracket) Christmas gift idea. Just watch out for the additional customs charges if you're ordering to the UK!
3. Wallet A Mulberry wallet is definitely an investment piece, but fork out this Christmas and maybe he'll return the favour next year...
4. Beard Kit Like a nice, neat beard instead of a matted mess? I sure do. Drop a not-so-subtle hint with a beard grooming kit, like this one by Men's Society.
5. Sweatshirt If you're buying for a brand-lover, Calvin Klein sweatshirts are a safe bet gift. And if he doesn't like it, I'm sure it'll look great oversized on you too!
6. Shirt Smarten him up with a Farah shirt.
7. Trainers Because who can have too many pairs of Nike trainers?!
8. Joggers If, like us, your weekends are spent binge watching Netflix originals or Sky Atlantic series - Westworld, three letters: OMG - he needs to be comfy! You can't go wrong with a pair of Nike tracksuit bottoms.
9. Selfie Stick Got a couple's holiday coming up? A selfie stick is a must-have.
10. Hip Flask A cheeky hip flask is the perfect stocking filler for your festival-loving fella!
11. Kindle To this day, the Kindle I bought Elliot four years ago is one of the presents I'm most proud of! It's thoughtful, and is something that he uses day in, day out. Worth it!
12. Camera In need of a new 'Instagram husband'? Upgrade his phone camera to a Canon 1300D - it's suitable for beginners, and the perfect hint if you want to gently encourage him to take more pictures of you. *hint hint*
13. Weekend Bag If you're in a long distance relationship, your boyfriend needs a hold-all for all of his visits to see you. This one from Barbour is beautiful quality, but also neutral and masculine enough to suit most men's taste.
And there you have it! Thirteen Christmas present ideas for the man in your life. Happy shopping!